Wrestling Ref Message Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd Injury Time Out

5 posters

Go down

2nd Injury Time Out Empty 2nd Injury Time Out

Post  VTREF Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:50 pm

The NFHS just posted a clarification to some of the situations involving this rule, that helped, But I'm still wondering why they didn't follow suit if the 2nd ITO is taken between the two 30 second tiebreaker periods, and the offended wrestler already has choice for the second tiebreaker, isn't this the same situation as between the 2nd and 3rd periods of regulation, and don't we owe that wrestler a choice on the next restart? Any thoughts?

VTREF
Rookie Ref
Rookie Ref

Back to top Go down

2nd Injury Time Out Empty Re: 2nd Injury Time Out

Post  matref0 Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:58 pm

VTREF wrote:The NFHS just posted a clarification to some of the situations involving this rule, that helped, But I'm still wondering why they didn't follow suit if the 2nd ITO is taken between the two 30 second tiebreaker periods, and the offended wrestler already has choice for the second tiebreaker, isn't this the same situation as between the 2nd and 3rd periods of regulation, and don't we owe that wrestler a choice on the next restart? Any thoughts?

We had orginally thought that was the interpretation that it would apply to Sudden Victory if that was the next opportunity for a restart and in the 30 second tiebreakers.

This new interpretation changes that and is clear that it just applies to the 3rd period,
matref0
matref0
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  VTREF Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Quoted from the NFHS Interpretation "(b) during the third period there is no restart for Wrestler B, so does his/her choice on the first restart carry over to overtime? In (b), No, since there was no restart in the third period, Wrestler B does not get to carry over the choice to overtime. The choice on the first restart only applies to the third period."

Clear as mud! I see where it says that the owed restart would only be valid for the third period, and not transferable to Sudden Death, got it. So now that situation is over and it happens again (obviously by the other wrestler) at the end of the 1st 30 second tiebreaker and the other wrestler already has choice, they never specifically address this situation which is clearly the same as what can happen during regulation. i don't think that the first restart they are referring to above means now and forever, they are just referring to the 2nd ITO that happened at the end of the 2nd regulation period. It's not like they got rid of all restart options during OT, they clearly try and make things even all throughout OT with the extra choices given everywhere except where I have outlined. i think they just missed this situation.

VTREF
Rookie Ref
Rookie Ref

Back to top Go down

Post  whistle_tooter Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:43 am

I hate to say it, but this is par for the course with the wrestling rules committee. How many times over the years have they made a rule change and then fail to look for other areas in the rules where it applies and make clarifications or changes? It makes me wonder how out of touch these administrators that are on the rules committee are with the sport. While this recently released interpretation clearly defines that this situation applies to the 3rd period only, it makes no sense that the exact same thing can happen in the OT process and it doesn't apply.

Yes, I feel better now.

WT

whistle_tooter
Rookie Ref
Rookie Ref

Back to top Go down

2nd Injury Time Out Empty Clarify

Post  dannyboy Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:33 am

So this has been bothering me about the 2ITO. So wrestler B takes his 2ITO at end of 2nd period. Wrestler A now had choice, and so because of the rule he now gets choice at a restart. He takes TOP. They wrestle OOBs, still in 3rd period needing a restart. Now (A) he takes bottom. Any points? Do I have this wrong? I havent seen anything clearing this up but it appears that it is just like a new period from the standpoint of points etc.

dannyboy
Rookie Ref
Rookie Ref

Back to top Go down

Post  dameiss Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:31 pm

dannyboy wrote:So this has been bothering me about the 2ITO. So wrestler B takes his 2ITO at end of 2nd period. Wrestler A now had choice, and so because of the rule he now gets choice at a restart. He takes TOP. They wrestle OOBs, still in 3rd period needing a restart. Now (A) he takes bottom. Any points? Do I have this wrong? I havent seen anything clearing this up but it appears that it is just like a new period from the standpoint of points etc.

No points. It would be as if wrestler A, on bottom, took his second ITO. On the restart, wrestler B chooses bottom. A would not be awarded a reversal in this situation.

dameiss
Rookie Ref
Rookie Ref

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down