Wrestling Ref Message Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate tie breaker, the ride out

2 posters

Go down

Ultimate tie breaker,   the ride out Empty Ultimate tie breaker, the ride out

Post  Tony Tab Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 pm

In the ultimate tie breaker, the rules of stalling change. The top wrestler no longer has to work for the fall. I am looking for some feed back, as I think the following is inconsistent. .... The top wrestler has to RIDE to win. I often see a stalemate being called here in certain "rides" thus giving the defensive wrestler the advantage of a restart.>> How do you see it ? CROSS BODY RIDE ??? MERKLE WITH LEG IN ??? I am of the feeling that these two situations SHOULD NOT be stopped.... However, Maintaining a rear standing position or dropping to an ankle or holding a leg up should be called a stalemate and if a second time should be called a stall. To play Devil's Advocate to those of you who would stalemate the Merkle or the Cross Body Ride, I ask .... How are they different than a near arm tight waist with ankle chained.? Any one want to "Weigh In" of this ??? Thanks, Tony Tab. NJ267

Tony Tab
Rookie Ref
Rookie Ref

Back to top Go down

Ultimate tie breaker,   the ride out Empty Re: Ultimate tie breaker, the ride out

Post  pablue Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:05 pm

My opinion is that if you have gained the advantage position for the overtime you have earned the right to be able to "ride out". Any of these rides would be acceptable, I hate the wrestler that doesn't even attempt a wrestling move just grabs and holds any body part he can.

pablue
Rookie Ref
Rookie Ref

Back to top Go down

Ultimate tie breaker,   the ride out Empty ultimate

Post  Tony Tab Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:04 pm

I agree.... but there is a lot of inconsistency here....Too many officials mistakenly believe the top wrestler has to improve his position or even work for the fall.

Tony Tab
Rookie Ref
Rookie Ref

Back to top Go down

Ultimate tie breaker,   the ride out Empty Re: Ultimate tie breaker, the ride out

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum