Wrestling Ref Message Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video for evaluation

4 posters

Go down

Video for  evaluation Empty Video for evaluation

Post  pablue Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:10 pm

How many offficials use video of themselves to analyze the job they do during a match? I'm thinking of trying to get someone to record me while I do a dual so I can critic myself on positioning and signals. Was wondering if anyone else has tried this.

pablue
Rookie Ref
Rookie Ref

Back to top Go down

Video for  evaluation Empty Re: Video for evaluation

Post  VTREF Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:05 am

Our association purchased a camera last year.  I find it very useful for critiquing myself.  We also share our videos to critique each other.  We plan on putting some short videos together of instructional matter for the new officials in training, kind of a how-to/how-not-to  video.  Make sure you tell the videographer not to zoom in on the match, but rather zoom out a bit and see the bigger picture. Taking the video from right next to the scorers table will give you what the score table sees and let you know if your signals are clear to the table, it will also capture any coaches discussions.  I highly recommend it for any official looking to better his game.

VTREF
Rookie Ref
Rookie Ref

Back to top Go down

Post  wtaylor Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Often there will be someone filming the match like a parent, or some personnel from one of the teams. I have occasionally just went up the the person and asked if they would be willing to make a copy for my training purposes and have them mail it to me. I keep a couple of sd cards or small capacity flash drives handy and just give it to them with a self addressed stamped envelope. It is probably not as good as someone actually focusing on you as the official, but it is still helpful and saves the expense of equipment and getting someone else to the match.

wtaylor
Rookie Ref
Rookie Ref

Back to top Go down

Post  matref0 Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:32 pm

I do it and would highly recommend doing it for any official. You will often see things you are doing wrong that you think you are doing right.
matref0
matref0
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down